Friday, May 25, 2012

20 weeks!


Well, I’ve been a blog slacker! Haha! I have friends who blog like… 3 times a week and I just don’t know how they do it! The last few weeks have been really busy, but also very exciting! I have a lot of fun, new things to share!

Nick and I found out about the gender and were absolutely floored! We both had no doubt that our little bump was a girl.  We even walked into the ultrasound appointment saying “aww.. I can’t wait to see how cute she is!” The ultrasound technician was like “Well, you’re OBVIOUSLY having a boy!”  Both of our jaws dropped, and Nick shot one arm in the air and shouted, “YES!!!!!” haha! The rest of the appointment was a bit of a blur.  We both were euphoric at the thought of having a sweet baby boy. Here's a little picture of him! He got the Baker nose (mom lives on!): 



We decided we wanted to tell our friends in a creative way.  We made cupcakes and had one filled with blue frosting.  When we found out I was pregnant, I started a journal to remember all the details of my pregnancy and to write letters to our little guy.  I was so excited Matt Russell got the cupcake!  I can now use the journal to document all the many reasons Nick and I love Matt!  Our son will be interested to know that daddy was in a band with Matt for several years!! ;-) We love you, Matt! We can’t wait for our little guy to grow up loving you, too!



So---I’m 20 weeks! Halfway there! Let me get you up to date:
Total weight gain: 8 lbs! So far I’m on track! This is a big accomplishment for me.
Food cravings: Rice, tomatoes, and popsicles (I blame Jen Becker for this one… her influence has made me love all things cold)
Gender: BOY!!! Yay!
What I miss: sleeping on my back. Thankfully, I can still sleep very well on my side!
Best moments of this week:  Nick wrote a letter to the baby—it made me cry (most things do, nowadays).  Also, Nick and I are going house hunting this weekend- I will be eyeing possible nursery rooms.  We will finally be a little closer to home (God is good!)
Milestones: the halfway mark! Annnd buying the first little thing for the nursery.


The last few weeks have been and adventure, to say the least.  I’m so grateful for a loving family, supportive friends, and the world’s best hubby (Our anniversary is fast approaching!). 


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!! I can't believe you're halfway already!! Baby George will be here before we know it and I just can't wait!! So glad he's coming with us to Peru!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet HIM! Halfway there and its so exciting! I for one miss your blogs, so whenever you get some more time...humor me please!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete